STEP now has the following routes to membership in Australia, for professionals working in the trusts and estates field:
- Advocacy: For barristers with at least 10 years’ relevant experience.
- Experienced Practitioner: For professionals with at least 10 years’ relevant experience and a professional qualification.
- Accredited Specialist: For those with an accreditation as a specialist in Wills & Estates/Succession Law in NSW, VIC & QLD and at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Qualified Practitioner: For those with at least 5 years’ relevant experience who can demonstrate their knowledge via three essays of 5,000 words.
- Education: Open to all. Join STEP by gaining credits through a combination of STEP qualifications, STEP-Accredited Partner qualifications and practical experience.
The routes to membership are summarised in the Australia Pathways Guide.