To celebrate the merge of STEP Victoria and STEP Tasmania, we will be hosting our first conference in Hobart, Tasmania on Friday 16 February 2024!
The conference will officially commence with a welcome reception sponsored by Equity Trustees at the iconic waterfront Story Bar, at the MACq01 Hotel on Thursday 15 February 2024.
The full day conference will be held at the sophisticated Henry Jones Art Hotel on Friday 16 February 2024 and includes 6 CPD delivered by prominent speakers and will be followed by a networking cocktail reception.View the program at this link
Thursday 15 February 2024
- Welcome Reception from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Venue: The Story Bar (located in the MACq 01 Hotel), 18 Hunter Street, Hobart, Tasmania
- Partners welcome to this social celebration!
Friday 16 February 2024
- Conference commences at 9:00am and concludes approx. 5:30pm
- Cocktail Reception approx. 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Venue: The Henry Jones Art Hotel, 25 Hunter St, Hobart Tasmania
Early Bird Registration – On or before 30 November 2023:
Registration from 1 December 2023
- Members: $650.00
- Non-Members: $800.00
Reception RegistrationDelegates are invited to bring partners or colleagues to the evening networking functions. Registration for a guest ticket to the evening function is $60.00 per person, per event.
Speaker Highlights include:
- Andrew O’Bryan TEP, Consultant (VIC)
- Charles Badenach CFP, GAICD, JP, Rebecca Fergusson, Dave Woolford, Main Street Financial Solutions (TAS)
- Suzanne Mackenzie TEP, Barrister, Bar Chambers (SA)
- Nathan Yii TEP, Nathan Yii Lawyers (VIC)
- Peter Johansson CFA, CIPM, JCE Advisory (VIC)
- Ian Raspin TEP, BNR Partners (VIC) & STEP Australia Chair
- And more!
Topics covered will include:
- Business Control Continuity; what should you have in place to enable a business structure to continue when a key person dies or is incapacitated
- Navigating the Tax Landscape: Restructuring and The Role of Private Binding Rulings in Trust and Estate Law
- Superannuation – Changes, Recontribution Strategies and Other Strategies – A Financial Planning Perspective
- Properties, SMSF and SMSF Wills
- Making investment decisions in turbulent times; challenges facing family offices
- Fiduciary duties owed by successor trustees to former trustees and how that affects assets and beneficiaries
View the program at this linkWe look forward to sharing this conference with you in beautiful Tasmania!Be sure to register quickly, capacity is limited!