- Management role supporting a good work-life balance
- Ongoing full-time role
- Sydney CBD location
The Department of Justice provides an effective justice system by delivering programs and services which contribute to building safe communities and the protection of rights.
The NSW Trustee & Guardian aims to work with the people of NSW to provide security and certainty in giving effect to their will and preferences in the planning and management of their estate.
About the role
As the manager Genealogy you will be leading a team undertaking genealogy searches in relation to deceased estates and searching for beneficiaries. Core to the role will be ensuring legislative compliance with requirements for deceased estate administration, including intestacy matters. You will also be responsible for:
- Establishing entitlements by interpreting complex legislation, caselaw, wills, trusts or settlements.
- Preparing and conducting applications to the Supreme Court.
- Developing and implementing strategies to ensure effective and efficient implementation of genealogy services.
- Leading, managing and developing a high performing team with customer focused culture and efficient and effective working environment.
You will have strong analytical skills and an understanding of genealogy processes as they relate to deceased estate administration and intestacy matters. Your leadership skills will enable you to balance competing priorities to generate favourable outcomes for clients and stakeholders. You will thrive on making decisions, and being accountable for the leadership and management of the Genealogy Branch’s operations performance targets and service delivery.
For detailed information on the key accountabilities and capability framework, please click here to download the role description.
- Current NSW practising certificate and admitted as an Australian lawyer.
- High level knowledge, understanding and experience of estate administration and succession law, especially intestacy.
- Sound knowledge, understanding and experience in using contemporary genealogical search tools to identify and locate those entitled under the law in an intestate estate.
- Understanding of NSW government and NSWTG’s key services and client base.
- All roles in NSWTG require a willingness to have phone calls monitored for quality and training purposes
Applying for the role
To apply for this role please submit an application online via www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au and attach an up to date resume along with a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements and capabilities of this role.
As part of this application process, candidates are required to answer two pre-screening questions based on the focus capabilities for this role:
- Give an example of a time where you have had to work with other teams / agencies / contractors to deliver a total outcome. How did you manage that process?
- Explain how you would optimise business outcomes for the genealogy requirements within the deceased administration and intestacy processes.
Contact: Ruth Pollard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 11 March 2018 at 11.59 pm
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 12 months.