STEP now has the following routes to membership in Australia, for professionals working in the trusts and estates field:
- Exam Route: Accumulate 240 credits through completing qualifications and demonstrating relevant experience. As the requisite levels of experience and qualification are reached, you can move up through our membership framework to reach the top level of membership – the TEP.
- Essay Route: If you already have a relevant professional qualification and five years’ industry experience you can join STEP by submitting three essays of approximately 5,000 words in length in response to set questions.
- Expertise Route: If you have a relevant professional qualification and a minimum ten years’ senior experience working at leadership level in the industry in practice or academia and considered an expert by peers, you can join STEP by the Expertise route.
Listed below are additional links specific for Australian Practitioners seeking to join STEP. These will be helpful on your path to STEP Membership:
- STEP Membership Categories
- Joining STEP in Australia: Accredited Courses
- Joining STEP in Australia: Specialist Accreditation Scheme
- Membership Fees Information
- STEP Australasia Region
Candidates not looking to pursue Full membership or intending to enroll on a STEP qualification can apply for Affiliate membership based on Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL). Click here to learn more.